Ghana has their toughest challenge in the World Cup in the very first round of the group stage. The Black Stars will face Portugal as their opening fixture of Group H.
With both teams eager to start the competition with a win, this should be an interesting matchup to consider.
Portugal vs Ghana
Ghana will be playing in Group H alongside Portugal, Uruguay, and South Korea. This will be only the fourth time Ghana has qualified for the final tournament.
But they do have a good record when it comes to qualifying for the knockout stages. They have managed to do that two out of three times so far.
The only time they failed to get out of the group stage was in Brazil in 2014. Also, they failed to qualify for the most recent competition played in Russia in 2018.
The team led by Otto Addo does have a chance to qualify for the next round, with their biggest opponents for one of the two spots being Portugal and Uruguay.
A surprise win over Portugal will bring them much closer to their goal. But in order to do that, they have to break through the sturdy defence of Fernando Santos’ side.
Recommended Tip of the Game
Here are some tips for the game:
- The last and only time the two teams met was in the group stages of the 2014 tournament in Brazil. Portugal ended up winning 2:1 late, thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo goal.
- Ghana won their last seven games out of eight, including friendlies and international games. Their only loss was in a friendly match against Brazil by 3:0.
- Portugal didn’t earn a direct spot in the competition. They had to go through an added qualification tournament where they qualified by beating Turkey 3:1 and North Macedonia 2:0.
Under 2.5 goals
The game versus Portugal will be their toughest challenge in the competition.
The first game of the tournament is usually the most crucial one for each team. It can make or break your further success. Grabbing a point against Portugal would equal a win for the Black Stars.
Even though Portugal is considered one of the favourites to go deep into the competition, they seem to be struggling a bit in recent years. They are not as defensively sound as they were when they won Euro 2016.
But they have massive firepower in the front, which could prove to be enough to get them through. They enter the game versus Ghana as favourites, but they have to show that on the field as well.
- Portugal (4-2-3-1) – GK: Diogo Costa; DEF: Joao Cancelo, Ruben Dias, Danilo Pereira, Nuno Mendes; MID: William Carvalho, Ruben Neves, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Rafael Leao; FW: Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Ghana (4-2-3-1) – GK: Richard Ofori; DEF: Daniel Amartey, Abdul Rahman Baba, Gideon Mensah, Alexander Djiku; MID: Iddrisu Baba, Thomas Partey, Mohammed Kudus, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew; FW: Inaki Williams.
Live streamNo Operators Found
Bet on Portugal vs Ghana
Get up to GHS 200 in Free BetsMinimum deposit: GHS 1 Maximum bonus: GHS 200 Wagering requirements: 3x Odds: 3 or higher. Minimum quote: GHS 1 Duration of bonus: 30 days of first deposit Exclusion for some games: Any free bet balance is forfeited as soon as you make a withdrawal Offer is only available to accounts opened after July 7, 2021 Visit site
- Variety of bonuses and promotions
- Tons of casino games
- Easy to use mobile app
330% up to 3445 GHS18+.Minimum deposit: 200% – for deposits up to 380 GHS, 250% – for deposits of 381 GHS to 760 GHS, 300% – for deposits from 761 GHS. The bonus is valid for 30 days from the day of registration. For a 200% bonus: Half of the bonus amount must be wagered 5 times in pre-match or live accumulator bets. The second half of the bonus amount must be wagered 30 times in 1xGames.Each accumulator must contain 3 or more selections, at least 3 of which must be at odds of 1.40 or higher. For a bonus of 250% or higher: Half of the bonus amount must be wagered 10 times in pre-match or live accumulator bets. Each accumulator must contain 3 or more selections, at least 3 of which must be at odds of 1.40 or higher. The second half of the bonus amount must be wagered 35 times in 1xGames. T&Cs Apply. Visit site
- Competitive odds
- Excellent Mobile App for Sportsbook
- Customer support 24/7
200% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO GHS2,500.00T&Cs: 18+. The minimum deposit is GHS12.00. Wagering requirement: 5x/30 days the bonus amount in accumulator bets + WinGames x 30/30 days. At least 3 of the events included in an accumulator must have odds of 1.40 or higher. T&Cs Apply. Visit site
- Trusted and licensed betting brand
- Live streaming
- Intuitive mobile app
Make your first deposit and get a 100% bonus up to 750 GHS18+. Make a deposit of at least 6 GHS. Get a 100% bonus up to 750 GHS for sports betting. The maximum sports betting bonus is 750 GHS. If the bonus is credited to the bonus account for sports betting, the wagering requirement will be 5x the bonus amount in accumulator bets. Each accumulator bet must contain at least three selections. At least three selections in each accumulator must have odds of 1.40 or higher. T&Cs Apply. Visit site
- Coverage of betting is excellent
- Has offers that are unbelievable
- An excellent live betting site